TSU Language Centre will assist all foreigners to study Georgian language so that they can freely communicate with the native people. Mastering the language will enable the interested students to learn more about Georgian culture and perceive its real spirit.
By learning the Georgian language foreign students will spread their knowledge and impressions about us in different parts of the world. And, this will by all means promote and popularize Georgia and Georgian people throughout the world.
All interested people can take the courses and master the Georgian language according to their interests and needs. We offer Georgian as a foreign language not only to foreigners but also, to non-native Georgians (Armenians, Russians, Azerbaijanis and other citizens of Georgian).
Modern interactive methodology and diverse teaching approach are used throughout the course. The schedule and materials are planned so that they help students to develop all four skills – writing, reading, listening and speaking at all levels.
Short course lasts for one semester and after completing the course students will get 5 credits and level I (A1) in accordance with the language standards elaborated by the European Council.
Students will learn:
• The alphabet, reading and writing fluently;
• From grammar: noun, adjective, numeral, pronoun, preposition, verb in three tenses etc.
600 units in all;
Students will be able to:
• Greet, say good-bye, get acquainted and make simple dialogues about themselves, their jobs, subjects they study, family, living place;
• Manage communication in the street, on telephone, in a taxi, in the museum;
• Travel, make reservations, order at the restaurant, buy things at the market independently, find the way, use language ethics at the official meetings and conferences;
Long-term courses cover two semesters and after completing the course students will get 10 credits and level II (A2) in accordance with the language standards elaborated by the European Council.
The Language Centre offers the Georgian courses at all levels according to the students' needs and demands: A1; A2; B1; B2; C1; C2.
Each course covers one academic year except level A1.
For more information on language courses please visit our